Academic Quality Coordinator (AQC)
Full Time – KSA
The standard day to day duties of the Coordinator, and not limited to the below.
The Academic Coordinator reports to the assistant principal and is responsible for the overall teachers’ evaluation provides recommendations for development throughout the school year.
- To develop, review and implement curricula, resources, schemes of work, marking policies, assessment and teaching and learning strategies in the department and in collaboration with other academic coordinators and school management members.
- To evaluate and supervise teachers’ effectiveness by working closely with subject coordinators to provide guidelines for improvement and development consistent with the schools’ philosophy, mission, values and goals, including instructional programs in the Core Curriculum Content Standards;
- To observe teachers during their lessons and conduct goal-setting, pre-observation, and reflective post-observation discussion and deliberation;
- To ensure the delivery of an appropriate, comprehensive, high quality curriculum program that reflects the school values and mission
- To implement school policies and procedures
- To oversee day-to-day management, control and operation of course provision within the department, including effective deployment of staff and physical resources and act as a positive role model
- To monitor the implementation of examination specifications, subject specifications and other teaching materials
- To regularly monitor the work of department members, ensuring that they are following the correct curricula and adhering to policies, including marking, and schemes of work and teaching methodology.
- To ensure that staff development needs are identified and that appropriate programs are designed to meet such needs.
- To hold regular department meetings in order to set standards and monitor progress against targets and provide relevant information to the department in a timely manner.
- To monitor, plan and oversee department and extracurricular activities inside and outside the school
- To work on establishing an activities program after school and setting a duty schedule for teachers off and on school campus to execute and monitor the program
- To participate in the interview process for teaching posts when required and ensure effective induction of new staff in line with school procedures
- To monitor pupil attendance together with pupils’ progress and performance, with the class teacher, in relation to targets set for each individual; ensuring that follow-up procedures are adhered to and that appropriate action is taken where necessary
- To maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school and apply appropriate disciplinary measures where necessary;
- To ensure a behavior management system is implemented in the department so that effective learning can take place
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students within the department
- To communicate necessary and appropriate information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding students’ progress and students’ needs
- To make appropriate arrangements for classes when staff are absent, ensuring appropriate cover within the department, liaising with the cover supervisor/relevant staff to secure appropriate cover
- To ensure the maintenance of accurate and up-to-date information concerning the department on the management information system
- To promote teamwork and motivate staff to ensure effective working relations
- To keep up to date with and respond to global developments in the subject area and teaching practice and methodology
- To plan and coordinate department based professional development opportunities linked to individual professional development plans and job competencies (i.e., encourages professional development of department staff members)
- To provide comprehensive/balanced training in and across given subject areas and curricular areas
- To provide individualized, classroom-based coaching with teachers to support them in implementing good instructional practices