Head Of School
Jeddah, Makkah, Saudi Arabia (On-site)
We are hiring for a well-established school in Jeddah K.S.A.
The Academic Coordinator reports to the Assistant Principal and is responsible for the overall teachers’ performance and recommendations for development throughout the academic year. The coordinator will conduct classroom observations (formal and informal) of the teachers and will offer support and guidance to the lead teachers to enhance and support teachers’ academic performance especially in International Baccalaureate (IB) program.
- To develop, review and implement curricula, resources, schemes of work, marking policies, assessment and teaching and learning strategies in the department and in collaboration with other academic coordinators and school management.
- To work closely with lead teachers to evaluate and supervise teachers’ effectiveness and provide guidelines for improvement and development in consistency with the schools’ philosophy, mission, values, and goals, including instructional programs in the Core Curriculum Content Standards.
- To ensure the delivery of an appropriate, comprehensive, high quality curriculum program that reflects the school values and vision.
- To oversee day-to-day management, control, and operation of course provision within the department, including effective deployment of staff and physical resources and act as a positive role model.
- To regularly monitor the work of department members, ensuring that their syllabus follows the correct curriculum and that they are adhering to policies, including marking, schemes of work, and teaching methodologies.
- To hold regular department meetings to set standards, monitor progress against targets, and provide relevant information to the department members in a timely manner.
- To work on establishing the activities program after school and preparing a duty schedule for teachers off and on school campus to execute and monitor the program.
- To participate in the interview process for teaching posts when required and ensure effective induction of new staff in line with school procedures.
- Planning and Implementing Core Curriculum Standards
- Evaluating, Observing, and Supervising Teaching Staff
- Providing Instructional Guidance for Teaching and Learning
- Planning, Monitoring, and Supervising all Activities Program
- Planning, Developing, and Implementing School-Wide and Department PDP
- Government Relations
- Legal Services
- Government Administration
- Business Development